Kilner show us how to quench your thirst with recipe ideas for the best summer drinks and cocktails
From picnics and barbecues to garden parties and days out at the races, summer is best enjoyed with a cool drink of something sweet (and preferably alcoholic) at hand. If there’s anyone who knows how to knock up a good fruity cocktail, look no further than our friends at Kilner. After preserving British fruit and veg for 175 years, the brand today offers a much-loved drinks range perfect for the summer season. The Hut sought advise from the brand to offer a guide to summer drinks and cocktails that are easy to make, and even easier to drink. You won’t be disappointed…
- 4 English Breakfast Tea Bags
- 25 Grams Fresh Mint
- 100g Caster Sugar
- Juice of 2 Lemons, Plus Slices to Serve
- Juice of 2 Oranges, Plus Slices to Serve
- 400ml Pimms
- Strawberries, Slice to Serve
- Place the tea bags, sugar and half the mint in a large saucepan. Add 1 litre of freshly boiled water.
- Allow the teabags to infuse for 15 minutes, remove and discard.
- Leave the liquid to cool and add in the Pimms.
- Remove the mint and store in clean sterilised Kilner bottles. Your sealed bottles can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- When ready to serve, pour Pimms into a Kilner handled mug, add slices of lemon, orange and strawberries. Finish with sprigs of mint.
What You’ll Need
- 1 x 500ml Kilner clip top bottle
- Kilner handled jars to serve