As always, The Great British Bake Off has captivated the British public this year. It’s gone by far too quickly with the semi-final airing last night. In the run-up to the final next Wednesday, we thought we’d share our 6 favourite things from series 6 of GBBO so far.
1. Mel and Sue. We love seeing this dynamic duo back on our screens again this year. Their puns teeter between the boundaries of terrible and visionary, and they never fail to make us smile.
2. This dessert disaster. We remember the heartbreaking yet exceedingly enjoyable moment when Dorrett’s black forest gateau turned into slop on a plate. Looks… delicious.
3. Nadiya’s facial expressions. Her face perfectly captures the intense emotions we all go through when watching The Great British Bake Off.
4. Paul Hollywood’s piercing blues. As well as his ability to command fear in the bakers, and us too a little bit.
5. THE BREAD LION. Cecil the lion is the most creative invention we’ve ever seen using bread. Paul Hollywood thought so too, offering contestant Paul a never-before-seen Special Commendation for his work.
6. Our main highlight of The Great British Bake Off this year has got to be…
YOU. We wanted to take a moment to thank you for all of the amazing entries you’ve sent in for our weekly competitions which have run alongside the show. One of the things we’ll miss most when Bake Off is over is looking through your delicious entries on a Monday morning! We won’t miss the hunger pangs and food envy though…
Here are just a few of the many entries we’ve received over the last 9 weeks. Keep on baking, Hut followers!
See The Hut’s baking range where you can find everything you’ll need to create your own spectacular baking creations.