To have bangs or not to have bangs? It is a big decision but fringes are in again, so it is the question we are all asking ourselves! Most of us have had a fringe before and fear the upkeep. Styling your bangs is no joke and a true skill you have to master. No matter how effortlessly messy it looks it will always have been styled so if you’re a low maintenance kind of person, bangs might not be for you. However done right, bangs are the ultimate accessory!
If you haven’t mastered styling your bangs whether you have opted for a curtain cut, swept or side finish, no need to worry because here is our guide to help. Join us with the experts from Christophe Robin, the prestigious haircare brand for a step by step guide with styling tips and product recommendations.
- Face Shapes
- Product Recommendations
#1 Styling and Face Shapes
Longer bangs are the least invasive of fringe’s and give a little more shaping around the face. Knowing the shape of your face is extremely important when it comes to choosing what bangs are for you. Longer bangs suit oval, round and love heart-shaped faces.
How to style long bangs?
- Separate your bangs from the rest of your hair and pull them forward.
- Dry them a little so they are no longer wet but they are still moist.
- Pull your bangs forward over your eyes and separate them into two sections. One section in front of the other.
- The section towards the back of your head style first; using a small round brush and a hairdryer dry the hair forwards pulling it up away from your head and then down into the face. Once it is dry put it to the back.
- Picking up the other section at the front of your face, using the round brush and hairdryer, work in the opposite direction. So blow dry it backwards, taking the brush under the hair and over the back of your head.
- Then when you bring them together it will give a thicker effect.
- Once done pull forward and separate. The long ends will fall nicely into your hair with shape.