At this time of year your skin needs as much TLC as you can give it, with the cold weather and central heating your skin will be under pressure. The best way to ensure it stays at its best is to keep it exfoliated and moisturised throughout the season.
We love this DIY Coconut Oil and Sugar scrub that you can create in a matter of minutes with only a few ingredients. It’s perfect for keeping your skin smooth this season, plus it makes a great DIY Christmas gift! Not only does the sugar exfoliate your skin amazingly, the coconut oil also moisturises as you scrub, it’s the perfect two in one product that costs very little to make!
Take a look at the ingredients and method below for this super simple DIY scrub!
Lemons and Limes
Small heatproof container or jar
1. Take two tablespoons of coconut oil (which will be solid at room temperature) and add to the saucepan
2. Melt on a low heat until the coconut oil is clear
3. Take off the heat and squeeze in the juice of one lemon and one lime
4. Add two tablespoons of sugar and mix together, add more sugar if it’s still a little runny, the consistency is up to you.
5. Leave to set in the fridge for at least two hours, then enjoy!
The scrub works really well in a shower or bath, and because the sugar will dissolve in hot water, you won’t be left with any grainy residue! It’s also a really quick, easy and cheap DIY Christmas gift for beauty lovers, we used the MyProtein Coconpure 460g tub for £6.99 which will make quite a few batches!
You can also try an intensive treatment by applying the scrub straight onto dry skin, massaging in and the leaving for around half an hour. Then wash off thoroughly. Your skin will feel incredibly soft afterwards, this is great for your feet as it with soften hard skin and moisturise dry areas.
This scrub will also give you the best base for applying fake tan, exfoliate using this DIY scrub the day before, and you’ll have silky smooth skin to apply your fake tan.
This scrub will be good to use within about two weeks, but I’m sure you’ll want to use it sooner than that!